The e-commerce boom has created new stakes and challenges in terms of logistics, it even led to the creation of a new expression : the e-logistics. It is composed of several big steps : the products receipt, stock management, the orders preparation, the delivery and the management of products return.
Unlike the buying process in shops, it is not the client that comes to the product but the contrary. So it is needed to maximize the optimization of the logistic process in order to give the best satisfaction possible to your clients. Do not forget that today good logistics is a key element to win your customers loyalty.
How to set up an efficient e-logistics plateform for your e-commerce ?
The increasing online competition and the constant evolution of internet users needs have created new stakes for e-merchants and logisticians. First of all, they have to provide an adequate choice of delivery methods (at home, in 24 hours etc.) to facilitate the order receipt within the agreed period. Then, they need to give buyers a full access to the information concerning the path of their order. Because they want to be able to follow it from the order confirmation to the delivery. It shows that now transparency of information is an essential element to a good client experience.
Internet users also tend to expect personalized services, as far as the packaging is concerned for example, or the delivery.
The challenges of e-logistics
- Anticipation is still one of the biggest challenges in e-logistics to face up important variations of the activity.
- The stocks management.
- Delivery and preparation time management is now harder because there are more locations that take care of shipments and deliveries.
- The products return management.
A few advices for an efficient e-logistics
- To set up a reactive logistics service that can easily adjust itself in case of a problem or if there is a sudden increase in the activity.
- To use an efficient information system to make sure there is a link between stocks and sales, and that the logistics plateform is working properly.
- To optimize order preparation by limiting order pickers moves.
- To maintain a close collaboration between logistics and sales services.
- To keep the client informed of any modification that could have an impact on his order delivery.
- To guide your client by making product suggestions if a product is out of stock or by offering a compensation in case of a problem of delivery for example.
Cet article est également disponible en : French